Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 1 hour
For pesto sauce:
- 2 cups packed fresh Basil leaves
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- ¼ cup Pine nuts/Cashew nuts
- ⅔ cup Extra-virgin olive oil,
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup freshly grated Pecorino/ Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- 12-15 strips Chicken breast
- boneless Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
The Pesto Sauce:
- Grind basil leaves, garlic, cashew nuts, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and olive oil to a fine paste.
- In a bowl add the chicken, pesto sauce, salt, olive oil and mix thoroughly. Let it marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- In a pan heat oil and place the gashed side of the chicken on the pan and sear on high flame for 2 minutes.
- Flip the chicken pieces and sear for 2 minutes basting it with the pesto sauce.
- Lower the flame, tilt the pan and pour the accumulated oil on the chicken pieces.
- Cover with the lid and cook on low flame for 10-12 minutes OR bake in the oven at 200°C for 12 minutes.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves and saute the tomatoes in the same pan by tilting it on high flame.
- Serve with sauteed cherry tomatoes and garnish with basil leaves.
- Italian Style Grilled Pesto Chicken is ready to eat! HAPPY COOKING!!!