Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 12-16 lamb trotters (Paya)
- ¾ cup onion paste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 4 green cardamoms
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 5-6 cloves
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat a pressure cooker. Add lamb trotters, onion paste, ginger, garlic, cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves, salt, turmeric powder and 1 litre water and stir well. Cover and pressure cook till the pressure is released 4-5 times.
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan. Add onions and sauté till translucent. Add chilli powder and crushed peppercorns and mix well. Add this to the cooker and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain the soup into another non-stick pan on heat. Add lamb trotters, garam masala powder and coriander leaves, mix and boil. Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot.