Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Eggs: 5
- Chopped large onion: 1
- Green, red, yellow bell pepper: 1/2 cup
- Mushrooms- ½ cup
- Baby spinach
- Grated medium carrot: 1
- Pepper powder 1/2 cup
- Grated cheddar cheese 1/2 cup
- Salt 1/2 tea spoon
- Whisk the eggs together in a large four cup measuring cup and set aside. I like whisking the eggs in the measuring cup, because it makes pouring the mixture into the muffin tin easier later on!
- Now, heat a non stick pan over medium heat
- Once hot, add in olive oil. Then add in the red pepper, green pepper, yellow onion, and a pinch of salt.
- Saute for about 5-7 minutes, or until the peppers are tender. Add in spinach and mushrooms and cook for another 2 minutes. In the last 30 seconds, add in minced garlic.
- Taste and re-season with salt if necessary!
- Pour the cooked veggies into the whisked eggs. Stir to combine. If you like, you could even add in a little hot sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Pour the egg/veggie mixture evenly into the muffin pan. You’ll have enough for all 12 muffin slots!
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the tops are firm to the touch or if an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for a few minutes, before removing!