Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
- 300 gms Chicken breast boneless
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil to pan fry
For the gravy:
- 500 gms roughly slit tomatoes
- 100 gms roughly cut onions
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 50 gms cashew
- 1 tsp kasoori methi
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
- 5 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp cream
- 2 tbsp malt vinegar / 1.5 tbsp White Vinegar
- Salt to taste.
- Marinate the chicken with ginger paste, garlic paste, red chili powder, and salt and keep it aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a pan heat, some oil then fries the marinated chicken pieces in it, once done place it into a bowl.
- In the same pan add onion, oil, a spoonful of butter and once the onions are cooked add tomatoes and cashew nuts.
- Add some water and garlic paste, salt, malt vinegar, sugar, garam masala powder, and chili powder.
- Evenly mix it and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Churn the mixture into a fine puree.
- Strain it back into the same pan to make sure there is minimal wastage.
- Add butter, cream, chicken and kastoori methi and let it simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Garnish it with cream and kastoori methi Butter Chicken is ready to be served!